Compliance Monitoring of Conservation Easement properties - Process:
- Contact with the landowner to arrange the visit and follow up after the monitoring visit.
- Monitoring Checklist prepared with the conservation easement terms and any observations of any changes from baseline report are noted. Report is signed by monitor and reviewed and signed by the land trust Executive Director or Board President.
- Preparation of aerial (GIS) monitoring map of the property (updated every three years).
- Photographs of any changes observed from the baseline report (baseline photographs are re-taken if appropriate). Photographs are commercially printed out, labeled and archived.
- Follow up with land trust staff if any changes observed from the baseline report.
- Post monitoring letter to the landowner with a signed copy of the Monitoring Checklist (requesting notification if planning any changes or change in ownership).
- Reports to funders, if appropriate.
- Summary to the board of directors with recommendations for future monitoring.